Threads were claimed to be a clone of Twitter, now X. Those who have used Twitter all these years declared Threads to be a copy of X and were even legally challenged for it. In the initial five days of release, Threads registered a million sign-ups. But then with the coming of a few more days almost half of the people who logged into Threads earlier or created an account kind of did not return. Threads lost half users in this time.
The same was confirmed by Mark Zuckerberg to the employees working on Thread and a copy of it was heard by Reuters. With the small amount of functionalities with which it was launched and with all the feature additions required, Threads has a long way to go. It was just not what end-level users feel but it is being felt by everyone right now.
Even Mark Zuckerberg stated it was great to have a million register and wonderful to have at least half of them return. But according to him, they were still not there and Threads has lost half users. Other than seeming alarmed or concerned, he was rather confident users would return to it soon after the right features got added to it.
What else is Thread doing?
Slowly, they have already begun adding features to it. Some of these features are visible right now. Their separate following and for-you feeds are already being used by many. The primary advantage of Threads is that it is already attached to a billion-follower Instagram social media network.
With Instagram’s help, registering and navigating back to them is easy. The chief product officer of Threads informed on having more focus on retaining users who come to the site and attracting people to this particular platform.
The creation of the Metaverse and their bet on it is also something Zuckerberg informed his employees about. Metaverse is yet to take shape and is nothing but the virtual reality world that will come up in a few years. The augmented reality and the virtual reality which will take up when creating Metaverse is not ahead of schedule but is just on the right track.
People are also worried that Meta has lost a lot of money in its Reality Labs division and losses account to multi-billion dollars. In the last quarter, however, the company announced making a profit of 7.7 billion dollars.
It is already news that Meta might plan to monetize Threads once it reaches a billion end users. The same was reported earlier this month by the company.
- Joe Lombardi is a dynamic author known for his out-of-the-box thinking and creative prowess. With a track record of successfully initiating and delivering projects, he thrives in minimal supervision environments. Joe's ability to strategize, write, edit, and proofread is unmatched
- ApplicationAugust 29, 2023Apply Sabooj Sathi Scheme-Registration Last Date (2023)
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Now AI dating app replacing ‘genuine human interaction
- NewsAugust 20, 2023iOS 17 has a killer new camera shortcut for your iPhone- Turn it on
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Threads lost half of its users, according to Meta chief Zuckerberg