If you turn off your watch history YouTube is going to disable the home feed for these users. That’s the new mandate YouTube has issued for all its users. But, why? People are asking.
Thus, it becomes mandatory to understand and turn back our attention to what a watch history is and how is it relevant for YouTube.
What is a watch history for YouTube?
When you start watching videos on YouTube, you will see that whatever you are viewing will get recorded in YouTube history which they have named as watch history.
Unlike Google, YouTube provides you with an option to switch on or off your watch history.
Google, on the other hand, provides you an option to search the web anonymously, when you wish to not record a history of your searches.
How is it important for YouTube to have your watch history on?
But, then now YouTubers who turn it off when watching YouTube videos will not get to see the home feed.
The rationale for doing so as cited by YouTube is a reason which seems quite a plausible explanation.
According to them, if you stop the watch history section, they won’t longer be able to send you recommendations in your feed. When turned on, all of us can see innumerable videos lined up on our feed waiting for us to watch them.
Also, they have further stated from their end that if going forth you turn off your watch history they would consider you to be one of those who like to run a search for their videos instead of following recommendations for the same.
Over the next few months, this change will take shape and it all began on the 8th of August.
According to the company, those who turn off the watch history will see the search bar and the guide menu on the left-hand side. There will be no recommended videos anywhere and it will look like a clean slate.
Only when you catch up with the search bar and then add a song or two or any other video category, will you get a list of options around it.
You can also browse through the topics and explore the topic tabs instead.
It is though nothing permanent if you want the recommendations to come up whenever you want, you don’t have to worry ever.
All you need to do is visit the following tabs after signing in to your YouTube account.
- Visit the myactivitygoogle.com page and then visit the YouTube history segment.
- Next, jump to the Manage History section and then click on the switch that allows you to turn it on or off.
Start trying out new things that roll out to understand what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Joe Lombardi is a dynamic author known for his out-of-the-box thinking and creative prowess. With a track record of successfully initiating and delivering projects, he thrives in minimal supervision environments. Joe's ability to strategize, write, edit, and proofread is unmatched
- ApplicationAugust 29, 2023Apply Sabooj Sathi Scheme-Registration Last Date (2023)
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Now AI dating app replacing ‘genuine human interaction
- NewsAugust 20, 2023iOS 17 has a killer new camera shortcut for your iPhone- Turn it on
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Threads lost half of its users, according to Meta chief Zuckerberg