Measuring a child’s growth is essential, but how do you do it hassle-free? Taking a child regularly to a health clinic to measure their weight can be cumbersome, not just for you but also for your child. But what if you have a tracker with you that can measure your child’s growth?
It creates a digital health record as per the requirements of the ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account). Interaction with health care providers is easy with the help of the app. With one click, one can have a digital lab report, prescription, and diagnosis details from HCPs and health service providers.
What is Poshan Calculator app?
Exactly that’s what you find with the Poshan app, developed and introduced by the Indian Ministry of Women and Child Development. The tracker was first launched on March 1, 2021. The tracker was first introduced by the National Division of e-Governance. With the help of this tracker, an Anganwadi worker will be able to determine the following types of growth issues in children;
- Stunted growth in children
- Wasting growth disorder
- Nutrition service delivery
The app is designed to provide real time data with proper data analytics.
How to use Poshan Calculator App?
Once you have downloaded the Poshan Calculator app, here is what you need to do to use it.
- Choose the gender of the child
- Next, add the date of birth.
- Incorporate height (cm) and weight (kg) of the child
- Now, click on the show results tab.
App Key Features
The Poshan tracker and calculator have the following app key features;
- One can take up real time recording of all the data.
- Monitoring growth in children is made easy with the app.
- It also helps people track delivered services like a hot cooked meal, a take home ration, and infant and pregnant women’s vaccination programs..
- Regular growth monitoring is possible with regular assistance.
- Home visit alerts will be sent, and via them, nutrition program can be scaled accordingly.
- Maharashtra SSC Result 2023 Live: Updates on Maharashtra Class 10th result
- Guide to check your Maharashtra SSC or Class 10th Result 2023 Today
Poshan tracker calculator app download & Install
You can find the Poshan tracker calculator in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
All you have to do is search for the tracker, and once you find it, you will need to download the app by pressing on the Get tab.
Wait for some time while the app is downloaded.
How does Poshan Calculator App Work?
Once you enter the statistics like height, weight, age, birth date, and gender, you will be able to record the essentials easily.
You can find the essential readings for a child between 0 and 5 years old.
WHO uses ways to calculate a child’s metrics using their height, weight, and age.
- Stunting is checked on the basis of one’s height and is categorized into severely stunted, moderately stunted, and normal.
- On the basis of one’s weight, classification is done as severely underweight, moderately underweight, and normal.
- Wasting is also identified on the basis of weight for height, and a person can either be overweight, obese, severely wasted, moderately wasted, or normal.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Poshan Calculator app Legit?
Nothing that is built or comes from the government can be classified as illegitimate. The Poshan calculator app is for the benefit of the Anganwadi staff.
Is Poshan Calculator App Safe?
It is absolutely safe, and the Poshan calculator app is regularly updated by the Indian government for bugs, malware and viruses.
Here is everything about the Poshan calculator app, which is capable of determining more about a child’s growth and stability. Their height, weight, and BMI are major indicators of their health. Whether a family needs to meet a doctor is often determined on the basis of a child’s height, weight, and age. You can also use it to find out more about your child’s growth by simply downloading and using the app. If you want to know more about the app, read the details here.