The foldable phone market is quite ripe with different brands trying to bring out their foldable iPhone models. But people are curious to know what it is with Apple that will or might hit the market. Apple though has not made any specific confirmations about what they are to bring next. Even though foldable iPhone models seem to be an option they are willing to try, yet, the rollable seems to be more enticing for Apple.
Apple’s patent filing for a rollable phone
To back what we say, we can drive back to Apple’s filing of a patent for a rolling phone that was published last October, and the same was published on 13th July. According to the patent filed, the phone would be available simultaneously in both planar and rollable forms within one device.
A protective layer is what will be provided and the layer will be a glass one. The glass will prevent the panel from getting damaged and deformed. Although glass will be used, yet, the chances of having a deformed and damaged phone might occur when using the fingers, stylus, and any other external objects.
A durable and flexible display is what serves as a hurdle for the phone. Most phones could not still perfect it in its entirety. There is a heavy chance the glass at a Mohs hardness scale of 2 can be scratched even with something such as a seemingly harmless fingernail at level 2. Those handsets with Gorilla Glass Victus will also get scratched at level 6. If with deeper grooves, it can be scratched at level 7.
Though a patent is not enough to prove Apple is targeting a rollable iPhone with previous several patent filings already done by Apple for a rollable phone earlier. Yet, considering its delay to release a foldable one, Apple’s choice for a rollable one might seem to be a choice they might go for.
Several sensors are coming up as per the patent application for the Apple rollable model. Sensors like strain gauges, resistive and capacitive force sensors, and also aim to target 3-dimensional non-contact gestures and movements. Their use in storage size will reduce when it comes to carrying it portably and that way, its durability will improve manifold.
What is still not solved?
But what about the IP rating or the damage quotient when Apple promises a lot of moving parts together for a rollable model? However, Apple confidently beams they would be able to overcome all of these functional obstructions yet we have to wait until the final product hits the market.
- Joe Lombardi is a dynamic author known for his out-of-the-box thinking and creative prowess. With a track record of successfully initiating and delivering projects, he thrives in minimal supervision environments. Joe's ability to strategize, write, edit, and proofread is unmatched
- ApplicationAugust 29, 2023Apply Sabooj Sathi Scheme-Registration Last Date (2023)
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Now AI dating app replacing ‘genuine human interaction
- NewsAugust 20, 2023iOS 17 has a killer new camera shortcut for your iPhone- Turn it on
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Threads lost half of its users, according to Meta chief Zuckerberg