What exactly is the Amazon sidewalk?
Amazon Sidewalk is a low bandwidth network mechanism that grows stronger when more and more neighbors participate in the process.
It is a shared or mesh network device that works on devices like the Ring Security Cameras, outdoor lights, Tile trackers, motion sensors, and Amazon Echo devices. Sidewalk can unlock some nice and standalone features when employed even outside your door. It can support other sidewalk devices, and believe it or not, can even trace pets and lost items for you.
How do I opt out of the Amazon sidewalk?
The process of opting out of the Amazon sidewalk is kept simple.
Unless you have opted out of the Amazon device, you will remain in the shared services and the services is more like an opt-out variant instead of the regular opt-in variants we witness.
To opt-out, you will have to follow the below steps.
- Turn to the Setting of the app.
- Go to account settings.
- Then go to the Amazon sidewalk and toggle the on/off switch to switch it off.
- Users would need to click the three lines of the menu.
- Next users have to move to the control center then click on the slider button and then slide the slider tab to an off position.
How to disable the Amazon sidewalk on the ring?
While walking through the setup on Ring security products Amazon will enable its sidewalk feature on the devices. If you’re thinking about how to opt out of the Amazon sidewalk ring then here are the steps to disable the sidewalk on the ring.
- Turn off the Amazon sidewalk ring you will have to open your Ring App.
- Click on the three-lined icon and present it in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the Control Center and then click on the Sidewalk option.
- Click on the Sidewalk slider tab.
- A screen will come up for you to confirm you wish to disable the Sidewalk.
- Confirm it to turn off the ring Sidewalk.
How to turn off the Amazon sidewalk?
- Turning off Amazon Sidewalk is easier said than done.
- Open your Alexa app and then click on Open more and further select Settings.
- Choose account settings, then Amazon sidewalk, and then turn off the Amazon sidewalk.
How do I block search sidewalk?
Simply turn on to Alexa, move through your Settings, and then block the Amazon sidewalk.
How do I know if I have an Amazon sidewalk?
You can simply know if you have Amazon sidewalk from your Alexa app settings. The blue features which keep your home connected are by default whereas several other features like community finding are disabled by default and only work when you toggle it on.