With the Merlin bird id app, you can now easily record the bird’s sound and then identify exactly the bird through its sounds.
With the app, using artificial intelligence users can easily record the sounds of birds, and then answer five questions about it on the app. Further, you can either upload a photo or a recorded sound video and you have the name of the bird in no time.
How to install Merlin bird id app?
To download Merlin bird you will have to visit Google Playstore and Apple AppStore. The app can be easily searched from the app stores and then install on your devices at the click of a tab.
How to use my Merlin Bird ID app?
Once you have permitted the app to use your camera or sound devices, you could now go and use the app.
- The first thing you need to do is answer three simple questions about the bird you have seen.
The questions are- what size is the bird, what are the main colors, and the next question asks you to answer about the bird’s behavior at the time when you watched it.
A list of options would be displayed to you and you can see if one of them was your bird.
- Identifying a bird by its call is easy using the Sound ID option. All you need to do is switch the device on for it to hear real-time birds around you. Additionally, you can compare the recordings with the songs of the birds present in the app.
- With the help of the app’s photo ID, you can snap a photo of the bird and then compare it with the thousands of options.
- There is a section called the Life List which allows you to save your photos in the section with special files made out of them
- Merlin has the best photos of birds which are contributed by the users of the app.
- Not only does it have a photo collection, but also has a good collection of bird songs, and bird calls.
- You find some great tips from ornithologists in this site about birds.
- Range maps are many and they come in handy when you’re trying to locate the birds in a locality.
The app is absolutely free to use. It is designed by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
The app is praised worldwide by people and ornithologists to get their tasks done. The Playstore gives it a 4.7 rating and the Apple AppStore gives it a 4.8 rating overall.
Is the Merlin bird app free?
Yes, it is absolutely free to use.
Is Merlin Bird ID available for PC?
Yes, the app is available for the PC.
What is the best bird identification app?
It is one of the best bird identification apps. Birdseye, Lakewire, and EBird are also some of the other good bird identification apps.