* Brown graduated in 1962 from the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of Pennsylvania.
* Is an American retired professional basketball player
* Playing career (1985–2001)
* Brown started his NBA coaching career as an assistant with the Washington Wizards.
The Road to NBA Coaching
* Coaching career: 1997–present
* He is one of the most well-respected coaches in basketball.
* Mike Brown has won the 2022-23 NBA Coach of the Year award.
The San Antonio Spurs Era
* Brown's style of coaching, which is centered around accountability, was influenced by none other than legendary San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, whom Brown served as an assistant coach under for three seasons from 2000-2003.
* He started as an assistant coach in the NBA with the Washington.
Leading the Cleveland Cavaliers
* Brown was honored as NBA Coach of the Year for leading the Cavaliers to a team-record and league-best 66 wins in 2009.
* LeBron James is one of the smartest players in the league and while he does have a prior relationship with Mike Brown
Taking the Reins of the Los Angeles Lakers
* Brown succeeded Phil Jackson as the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011 before being dismissed five games into the 2012–13 season.
* He returned to the Cavaliers in 2013, but was fired after one season.
* Possibly the biggest issue with Brown's coaching is a perceived lack of a cohesive offense.
A Second Stint with the Cavaliers
* Brown began coaching the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2005. The team reached the 2007 NBA Finals.
* In 2013 came his second stint with the Cavs, but it lasted just one season.
Success with the Golden State Warriors
* Brown then joined the Golden State Warriors as associate head coach in 2016.
* He becomes the 11th person to win the NBA's coach award more than once.
* Mike Brown beats out finalists Mark Daigneault and Joe Mazzulla to become 1st recipient of the Red Auerbach Trophy.
Mike Brown's Coaching Philosophy
* Believing in human potential.
* Adding value to others.
* Empowering people to lead themselves.
* Influencing rather than enforcing.
* Taking on challenges. .
* Being passionate about growing people. .
* Learning from other coaches.
The Legacy of Mike Brown
* Brown started his NBA coaching career as an assistant with the Washington Wizards in 1997-1999.
* He was honored as NBA Coach of the Year for leading the Cavaliers to a team-record and league-best 66 wins in 2009.
* Mike Brown on leading the rise of basketball in Nigeria, Nelson Mandela,