Zello is an app that makes real-time voice messaging (you can call it a walkie-talkie device) easier for healthcare frontline workers, emergency rescue workers, and teams that require to be connected every moment.
Zello is not an app that would function without Wi-Fi or mobile data. So, you’ll always need Wi-Fi or mobile data to operate the app.
How does zello work without cell service?
Zello needs internet and it is a must to have internet running for Zello. If you and your colleague are connected to a single network, Zello would use the shortest network way to make the voice transfer. In such a case, it would be the Wi-Fi network facility. Zello uses the internet to log in and also for exchanging data within services.
Also Read: Download Zello Walkie Talkie Latest app.
How to use zello walkie talkie app?
Using the Zello walkie-talkie app is easy and swift. Zello walkie-talkie app can be used the following way.
- Create a Zello account after downloading the app.
- Your contacts from your phone can be synced in. Additionally, you can also add contacts in your Zello app.
- To make a call choose your contact. Click on the name of the person, and then long-hold the microphone icon to send a voice message.
- Once you remove your thumb from the microphone icon, your voice message would be instantly delivered to the intended contact.
- Once they access the app, they will see a notification about your voice message.
- You can also create a channel and ask people to join them easily.
Does zello work without internet?
Zello requires internet-primarily at two points-
- When you login to the app.
- While exchanging data within the service networks.
Best walkie talkie app without internet
When you are hiking, on a plane, or attending an event in a crowded place you can surely use the walkie-talkie app. But there are a few apps that promise to work without the internet and even without a signal.
One of the best walkie talkie apps without internet would be the Firechat app. It can work without the internet.