TSA PreCheck is a USA-based travelers program that has been designed to make the traveling experience of the passengers easy comfortable and hassle-free. Generally, whenever you board a flight you have to go through a tight security screening which takes a lot of time and can be very frustrating and irritating for so many travelers it is very important looking at some illegal activities taking place at the airports like drug smuggling.
But once you are registered with the TSA PreCheck program you need not go through that hectic security screening as TSA PreCheck takes care of things on your behalf. Those who are registered with TSA PreCheck spent less than five minutes in security checkpoints and they were provided a separate line different from the standard line at the security check so they can have a hassle-free and enjoyable flight experience.
The program led by the US government began in 2013 and at present has more than 10 million members and 200 airports joined by the program.
Who qualifies for TSA PreCheck?
Basically, any American citizen who keeps traveling and wants to avoid time-consuming security checkpoints and make his traveling experience soothing and hassle-free.
If you looking forward to becoming a member of the PSA PreCheck then you need to fulfill the basic criteria to get the KTN (known traveler number)
What are the application requirements for TSA PreCheck?
If you have chosen to become a member of TSA PreCheck then you need to have the basic documents to apply for Known Traveller Number issues by TSA PreCheck :
- You must have a valid photo ID issued by the USA government like a passport
- You must the verified copy of your Birth Certificate
- In case you are a foreigner, you may be asked to produce documents related to permanent residency.
How to apply for the TSA PreCheck application?
Follow the given application process to apply for TSA PreCheck :
- First of all, go to the official website of TSA PreCheck and click apply now, in case you already have KTN you can choose to renew now.
- Once you click apply now you need to register yourself with the program by providing your personal details.
- After the registration for TSA PreCheck, you need to make an appointment in person for the interview. You can choose any one of the 300 TSA PreCheck centers.
- When you go for the interview make sure you carry a valid ID and a copy of your birth certificate. The interview process is very smooth, you will be asked to give your fingerprints and you will be asked a few questions to verify the information provided by you.
- Once they have verified the information, you need to pay the application fees.
- The application fees for the TSA PreCheck application is $85 and refundable.
- If you are approved you will get your Known Traveler Number within 45 days from the date of your appointment.
- Now you have the Known Traveler Number and your membership will last for 5 years and is renewable.
How to check TSA PreCheck application status?
TSA provides the status of your application after your enrolment with the program. It may take longer if the verification of your information takes time.
Check your TSA PreCheck application status
- If you have enrolled with TSA’s enrollment provider then visit universal enroll and choose “check my service status”.
- In case your state does not use TSA’s enrolment provider, check your application status with your state licensing agency.
How long is TSA PreCheck good for?
If you are in a kind of work where you need to travel more often then this service might save your time.
How long does it take for the TSA PreCheck application to be approved?
Once you submit your application, the application is reviewed and if everything is found authentic you will get your Known Traveler Number within 30 to 45 days of the enrolment.
What are the TSA PreCheck questions?
They will verify the information provided at the time of enrolment. You may be asked questions like your employment status, how often you travel, why do you want to appy for TSA PreCheck etc.