SENTRI is a Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection and was established for the first time in 1995.
SENTRI, one of the best programs supporting personal and business travelers, is among the five trusted programs for travelers. Pre-approved members will undergo a modified screening process when entering the United States, primarily from Mexico.
SENTRI participants can also enter the United States through the primary NEXUS lines when entering the United States from Canada.
With SENTRI your travel times can greatly reduce. Inspections at borders will be expedited and above all, you have to answer minimal questions when enrolled with SENTRI.
You can register up to 4 vehicles and within each vehicle eight people can be registered under SENTRI. Even if you are ever removed from the program, you will still be allowed to cross the border.
How to apply for Sentri Application online?
Having a TTP (Trusted Traveler Program) account is essential for people trying to avail of SENTRI services irrespective of their age.
If you follow these steps, you can easily apply for a SENTRI application.
- After creating a TTP account, you need to log-in to the account with your credentials.
- Complete the extensive application process and after completing your application, submit it.
- Once CBP (US Customs and Border Protection) accepts your completed application along with the $25 fee (part of $122.50), CBP reviews your application. The fee one pays is for five years.
- Once CBP conditionally approves the application after reviewing it, your TTP account will help schedule an interview for you.
- You will need to carry your passport, driver’s license, and even your permanent resident card in the interview.
The SENTRI pass application can be filled only by those who do not fall under the below categories.
- If applicants have provided any forged or falsified data.
- The applicant must have never been accused of any custom, immigration, or agricultural issues within the country.
- Any ongoing proceedings of any federal, local, or state law diversions.
- Convicted in any criminal offense or criminal charges ever.
- If CBP is not satisfied with your low-risk status.
Eligibility criteria included are;
- The SENTRI applicant can either be a Mexican national, a resident, or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must gain legal entrance to the United States.
- A permanent citizen needs to reside in the United States for at least three years before applying for the SENTRI application process.
- The applicant must not have a criminal background.
- The person’s previous travel history must have complied with the immigration and customs regulations.
- If the applicant is below 18, they need their parents to sign consent for them.
- The person must be willing to undergo a strict background and biometric analysis.
How to check my Sentri application status?
Once you have a SENTRI account, you can log in to it to check your application status. On your SENTRI dashboard, your application status will be displayed after your application is filed with CBP.
How long does Sentri application take?
SENTRI can take almost 2-6 months for the complete approval process. However, it can also take up to a year sometimes to complete it.
Can I cancel my Sentri application?
From the dashboard, select reschedule or cancel the application.
If you cancel an appointment, the entire application will get canceled, and you might have to apply freshly on the site.
The SENTRI application process is a comfortable way to enter the United States from Mexico for those who travel frequently. If you are a frequent traveler, take six months, and get your SENTRI application approved for enjoying a much-streamlined entry into the United States.