SASSA’s Special Covid19 Social Relief of Distress Grant R350 is a special presidential aid for individuals and families who have been adversely affected by Covid-19. The President of South Africa has declared the National State of Disaster and thereby introduced the SRD of R350 per month for a period of six months.
The Social Relief of Distress Programme was approved as per the Regulations made under Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002): Measures to prevent and combat the spread of Covid-19, as amended.
Earlier, people could only apply on the website but now it is possible to apply for the R350 SRD grant on WhatsApp too.
How to apply for SASSA r350 Grant on WhatsApp?
You can apply for the SASSA R350 grant on WhatsApp number 0820468553. You can apply only once and then SASSA will process the application further. You can also confirm your application via the same WhatsApp number. It is possible to confirm the application only once and not several times.
Follow these steps to apply for SASSA R350 Grant on WhatsApp.
- Firstly, you need to save the number ( 0820468553 ) on your device and then launch WhatsApp.
- Now type “SASSA” and sent it to the saved number on WhatsApp.
- Next, you will get a reply from their automatic system asking you for some details. Make sure you enter all the details correctly.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Name, ID number, Gender & Address.
- They will also ask you about your bank details. So, you need to make sure that you give your working bank account having the same name as on your docs.
- After that, you will receive an OTP. Keep it with you to check your application status Later.
- Now save the reference number of your application form for future reference.
Also Read: How to Update/Submit SASSA Banking Details?
Documents Required for SASSA R350 Grant
The SASSA r350 relief grant can be applied on WhatsApp number 0820468553. To apply for the R350 relief grant, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be above 18 years in age.
- You should be unemployed.
- You should not be having any other source of income.
- You should not be receiving any social grant or unemployment insurance benefit.
You can apply here by filling out the relevant details in the application form. You have to give your identity number, gender, and disability, name & surname, banking details (bank name & account number), contact details, proof of residential address, and then send it.
How to use Sassa WhatsApp?
You can apply via the direct WhatsApp number 0820468553 and then confirm your application. You can also apply via email to [email protected] which ill send back a form to fill out as a reply to your mail. It is also possible to dial *134*7737# from a cell phone number to apply for the SRD grant.
Sassa WhatsApp not working Solution
If your WhatsApp number is not working, then you can check your internet connectivity or update the application. You can also reinstall the app from Google Play or App Store.