What is NSW travel permit application?
New restrictions are in place for people who are wanting to travel from greater Sydney to some areas of regional NSW. These restrictions are being imposed to curb the spread of the Delta strain outbreak of the Covid-19 virus.
People will have to acquire a special permit to travel outside Sydney. Permits will be available to people on the Service NSW website from 12.01 am this Saturday onwards.
For other people, stay-at-home orders have been issued to contain the community spread of the virus.
How to get NSW travel permit application form?
You can get the NSW travel permit application form on the Service NSW website.
How to apply NSW travel permit application form online?
It is to be noted that the registration is going to be valid only for two weeks and people would need to reapply if
- They are travelling for more than two weeks.
- The travel dates change.
It is mandatory to carry the travel registration and supporting documents at all times while travelling.
You can follow the below steps to register:
- Click the website link provided here.
- Then scroll down the page and click the Register Online button.
- First, you need to create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- After that, you can log in and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration.
- Once you have successfully registered, after that that you will receive your travel registration by email.
Following are the requirements to apply for the NSW travel permit:
- Your name, address, email, and contact number.
- Travel details
- Travel dates.
- Dependent’s name and contact number.
- MyServiceNSW account.
Who is eligible for travel permit application?
Who will require the permit?
- Anybody who is travelling from greater Sydney including local government workers who are required to travel more than 50 km for work.
- People who are relocating to greater Sydney permanently.
- People who are going to visit a new residence.
- People who are travelling outside greater Sydney to a second residence.
International travellers coming to NSW from overseas will need to quarantine for two weeks. Travellers from the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, and Victoria will need to complete an NSW entry declaration form.
How to Travel permit application check status
You can check the travel permit application status at the Service NSW website. The permits will be available from 12.01 am on Saturday.
The most primary benefit of having this permit is that it will let you travel from greater Sydney to the NSW area.
If you are found breaching the Public Health Order or found to be providing false information, then you can be charged a fine of up to $22,000 or may end in prison for up to 2 years.