Makerere University Online Application is a portal whereby Ugandan applicants can apply for different University courses. Non-Ugandan applicants need to visit the senate building or visit the following link.
Different undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available with the University to choose from. Select the ones that interest you and fill-up their application form.
How to apply for Makerere University Online Application?
To complete the online application process use the following steps.
- Visit the following website to complete the application process online.
- Create an account with them by registering on their site.
- Fill in your name, email ID, telephone number, last name, and gender.
- Return to the login page and type in the onetime password sent to your mobile number and email address.
- Open your account and click on the available list of courses.
- Click on the course you wish to apply for and fill in the online application details.
- You can pay for the application form by clicking on the Pay option.
- Once done, upload your essential documents like ID card, course completion certificates, and mark sheets in the space provided.
- Once done, click on the Submit application form tab.
What are Application Requirements?
To complete the application form, you must fulfill the given application requirements.
- A second-class credit score is required for filling up the application form.
- A copy of their birth certificate must also be submitted.
- One must fulfill the age requirements as mentioned besides the courses.
- One must either have a Ugandan ID or some other identifying documents in case they are non-Ugandan.
- A passport-size photograph is required, and for online applications, you can add a digital copy of your passport-size photo.
What are the Makerere Online Application fees?
The application fee is UG Shs.50000/- for Ugandan residents and UG Shs 172500/- for non-Ugandan residents. You will have to clear UG Shs of 2500/- additionally. For diploma courses, pay UG Shs 50000/-
How to Check Makerere Online application Status?
The University will release an admission list after they receive the applications. Here’s how one can check the status of the application request.
- Visit the site linked here and then log in to the site.
- The voucher number and voucher PIN provided to you must be entered in the given space.
- Press the Login tab to move to your admission site.
- If you are selected for a course, you will print the Makerere University admission letter.
Given below are the application deadlines.
- For undergraduate programs, the last date of application is 5th November, which is a Friday.
- The mature age application deadline was 1st October.
- The Bachelor of Law pre-entry exam deadline was 8th October.
- Postgraduate deadlines are long past, and the last date was 28th May.
If you want to apply for a course at Makerere University, you will have to read through the article to understand the process better.