What is the new mAadhaar app?
mAadhaar mobile app is the new official application launched by the UIDAI for Aadhaar cardholders in India. With this app, all Aadhaar cardholders can easily carry their demographic information on their mobile applications. So, it is an app where you can easily carry your Aadhar card with you on your mobile wherever you go.
To use the Aadhar card, it has to be linked with a bank account, mobile numbers, PAN, and UAN for availing of the subsidies provided by the government.
The app is put in place to mainly prevent people from losing their original Aadhaar card details.
How to download Maadhaar app on Android phones?
One can easily download the mAadhaar app online from the Google Play Store.
- Once you have searched and found the app, you will have to install it.
- After installing it you will have to set a 4-digit password (all numerals) for the app.
- Sign in every time by adding the 4-digit password to it.
Also Check:- How to Mera ration App download
Maadhaar app free download for iPhone/iOS?
Simply move to the Apple app store and then download and install the mAadhaar app iOS on your phone. Apple app store provides the mAadhaar app apk for all iOS versions for 10.0 and above.
How to use mAadhaar app?
To use the app, follow the details.
- After downloading the app, you will have to register yourself in the app.
- Add your profile by clicking on the three dots and then moving to the add profile segment of the dropdown.
- The app will send an OTP which would be autodetected and verified.
- Add your Aadhaar number and then wait for the app to detect your details.
- If you create the back and front side of the Aadhar on any other device by using the SIM card, your previous profile in the previous device will become inactive.
- In this way, if the same telephone number is linked to more Aadhar cards, you can go ahead and download three Aadhar cards in one phone using it.
What is a biometric lock in the mAadhaar app?
Your biometric details like your retina scan and fingerprints are locked even when you have downloaded the app that facilitates using the Aadhaar card details.
How to unlock biometric in the mAadhaar app?
Once you have opened the mAadhaar card app, you will have to enter the password to unlock the profile.
- Click on the Biometric Settings from the top right-hand corner of the app.
- Check the checkbox which tells you to unlock the biometric lock option.
- It will pop up a disclaimer immediately which says that the biometric would be active for the next six hours.
- Now, click the ok tab and an OTP would be sent to your mobile number.
- The OTP will be auto fed and the biometrics would be unlocked immediately.
If you want to temporarily unlock the biometrics then just go to the biometric settings which will display a message asking you to unlock the biometric temporarily.
- Once you click on the yes tab, it will be unlocked for 10 minutes during which you can easily use it.
- To disable the lock, you will have to visit the UIDAI website.
How to unlock Aadhar in mAadhaar app?
Simply go to the three lines and then add your profile, validate the OTP, and then your Aadhar details would be available to you every time you log in to the app.
The most important features of the mAadhaar card app are;
- Portability of the app benefits Aadhar card users.
- People can add up to 3 Aadhar cards if they’re connected to the same number.
- Using the QR code, mAadhar details can be shared with officials easily.
- Sharing eKYC by messaging or email agencies will be easily possible.
- It is an open-source platform and the technology is easily scalable.
Is the Maadhaar app safe?
Nothing can be safer than the mAadhaar card app as it is built by the UIDAI.