TNEB, or Tamil Nadu Electricity Bill, has been active since 1957 and ensures electric distribution in Tamil Nadu state in India. Also, it provides power generation and transmission services to people in their homes. TNEB comes under the public sector because the Tamil Nadu Government owns the entire system. Do you know TANGEDCO is a subsidiary of TNEB?
TNEB delivers a unique consumer number to the people with all their information. It allows people to access their online accounts. Now, the Government mandates linking Aadhaar cards with their TNEB accounts.
We’ll discuss how to link the Aadhaar card to the TNEB connection.
Also Check:- How to find service number in tneb?
An individual must link their Aadhaar card with TNEB to access significant details. Also, the Government of India mandates that each person verify their Identity by linking the TNEB connection with Aadhaar Card.
Recently, the facility is conducting camps and regulations in the state to ensure that everyone links their Aadhaar with TNEB. The Tamil Nadu government is taking this step to provide people with subsidies and electricity bills. However, it is only possible if domestic consumers link their Aadhaar to TNEB.
Therefore, TANGEDCO Chairman Rajesh Lakhoni facilitates an online portal that allows users to link their Aadhaar with TNEB. The link is active, and you can apply right away.
Here are the steps for linking your Aadhaar with your TNEB connection:
- Navigate the official TNEB government website to link Aadhaar.
- You can access this link on any web browser.
- Proceed further on the website for the Aadhaar linking process.
- People must enter their unique TNEB connection number on the pop-up window.
- Tap on ‘Submit’ once you provide the connection number.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Provide the OTP to verify your TNEB account at the website.
- Important step: Enter your Aadhaar Number in order to link your card number with TANGEDCO.
- Furthermore, scan your Aadhaar card copy and upload it on the website. It is necessary as it works as proof. You can upload it in JPEG, PDF, and JPG in 500KB.
- Finally, tap on ‘Submit.’
Users must save their acknowledgment receipt as it can help them in further procedures. It will ensure you to check the Aadhaar link status.
So, link your Aadhaar with TNEB to avail of extra services from the Tamil Nadu government in the future. The online application is straightforward.
Now, let’s understand how you can link an Aadhaar card to TNEB with a mobile number.
Link without mobile number
You must enter a mobile number in order to link your Aadhaar to TNEB. So, users must provide their mobile number linked to their Aadhaar card, to TNEB because it is a crucial part of the Aadhaar registration process.
You must link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card as per the laws of the Government of India. You receive a one-time password code whenever you provide your Aadhaar card for the linking process. The government asks for a mobile number for Aadhaar card registration to TNEB to deliver Aadhaar-related benefits.
Visit any Aadhaar Enrolment Center near your address and link your mobile number with your Aadhaar. You must provide the correct number on the application form. The Government of India allows you to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar online.
Enter the newly updated mobile number on the TNEB Aadhaar-linking registration portal. Verify with OTP and continue with the steps mentioned above.
Another reason why you can only link your Aadhaar at TNEB with a mobile number is that TNEB requires your active contact number for verification purposes. Later, they send all the significant details on your phone number.
We’ll discuss if you can link Aadhaar to TNEB without OTP.
Link Aadhaar to TNEB without OTP
Unfortunately, without OTP, users cannot link their Aadhaar card at Tamil Nadu Electricity Board.
Providing OTP is essential as it is used for verification purposes. The OTP is sent to you when you enter your mobile number in the Aadhaar-linking application process at TNEB. Moreover, users are expected only to enter the mobile number linked to their Aadhaar cards. You could visit the Aadhaar center to update your number if you changed it.
Providing OTP is important because of the following reasons:
- OTP authenticates TNEB Aadhaar linking application or registration process.
- The Government needs your genuine mobile number. So, they use OTP as verification.
- It helps prevent misuse of your mobile number.
- It shows TNEB that you are a responsible citizen and have linked your mobile number with OTP. As a result, you become eligible for a subsidy.
You must enter your OTP at the online portal as it indicates an unverified account.
Follow the registration steps mentioned in this blog correctly and provide your mobile number. You receive an OTP within a few seconds on your phone via SMS. Enter the OTP correctly in the OTP section on the website to verify your contact number. Confirm the entire process.
As a result, your contact number appears as ‘Verified’ because OTP authenticates it.
TNEB’s subsidiary TANGEDCO, also known as Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation, is spreading awareness to Tamil Nadu people via camps. They are running special camps to help everyone in the state register their Aadhaar with TNEB. Therefore, the TN government will provide them with beneficial subsidies for electricity.
These subsidies make the beneficiary’s life easier. So, register your Aadhaar with TNEB now, as the deadline is near. The entire process completes in no time. Additionally, it would help if you did everything online. Hence, you don’t need to visit any center to link your Aadhaar. You only require to follow all the steps mentioned in the blog.
You can check the TNEB Aadhaar link status by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official TNEB government website.
- Now, tap on “TNEB Aadhaar Link Status Check.”
- Provide the acknowledgment receipt.
- Check your Aadhaar link status.
TNEPDS: Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card Online is an intelligent ration card facility responsible for providing food and other ration to poor people.
Steps to link the Aadhaar with TNPDS:
- Download the TNEPDS app.
- Sign in and provide your Aadhaar and mobile number.
- Fill out the form and click on ‘Submit.’
What is the official Aadhaar seeding website?
The procedure of linking Aadhaar numbers with other Identity-related documents is known as Aadhaar Seeding. You can complete the procedure both online and offline. Visit the official Aadhaar seeding website here.
The government of Tamil Nadu extends the last date for Aadhaar linking at TNEB.
Linking Aadhaar with TNEB online is necessary as it allows the government to provide a subsidiary to the Tamil Nadu people. In addition, people’s electricity bills will be at least 20% lower.
- Ajay Kumar is an accomplished writer known for crafting immersive and compelling stories that capture the imagination.
- Apple PayJanuary 28, 2024List of Restaurants that take Apple Pay 2024 (Complete Details)
- Apple PayJanuary 26, 2024Does Amazon Accept Apple Pay (Complete Guide 2024)?
- TechnologyDecember 13, 2023Parimatch India – Revolutionizing Online Betting
- TechnologyOctober 31, 2023How to Change back to the old Twitter app icon on iOS?