How to link Aadhaar in irctc app?
Aadhar Card is the card that identifies Indian citizens giving them access everywhere they go. The Aadhar card is required for all major government verifications. When booking counter tickets, you might be asked for Aadhar verification even in the Indian Railways. But, then for the app, it is still not mandatory. However, there are greater benefits when citizens link their Aadhar cards to their IRCTC platforms.
Without Aadhar, you can still book 6 tickets per month but if you link your Aadhar, you can book almost 12 tickets online per month.
- Visit the IRCTC website and log in using your login credentials.
- From the upper left corner, check your My Account tab.
- Choose Link your Aadhar, from the dropdown list.
- The Aadhar KYC page appears and in it, you must enter the Name as given in the Aadhar card. Enter your Aadhar number next and select the checkbox to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Click on Send OTP and then add the OTP number into the space provided.
- KYC response can be updated by clicking on the Update button to complete the Aadhar Verification process.
- Click OK on the pop-up window.
Also Check:- How to Cancel Train Ticket in IRCTC Mobile App?
How to remove Aadhaar from IRCTC app?
These are the steps below to follow if you wish to unlink Aadhaar from IRCTC;
- Login to your account from the IRCTC page.
- From the My Account section, go to My Profile and then click on the tab, called Release PAN/Aadhar.
- Once you click on it, you can see all your linked details.
- Now once again enter your login details and then click on Release PAN/Aadhar.
- Click on Yes to continue on the pop-up window while delinking Aadhaar from IRCTC.
How can I update my Aadhar card in Irctc?
There is no means to update Aadhar details once the Aadhar card is verified.
In circumstances where you wish to update something, you can simply remove your Aadhar card and then add a fresh new entry.
irctc aadhar link benefits
All those who have linked the Aadhar card can have the below benefits from it.
- There is a space for booking 12 tickets instead of 6.
- You can book tickets far more easily with the updated Aadhar card.
- Additional benefits are provided to users who have linked Aadhar cards.
Is it necessary to link Aadhar with IRCTC?
No, it is not mandatory to link Aadhar with IRCTC. If you wish to improve the way you work around your IRCTC app, you can link your Aadhar to the IRCTC app. Read the above benefits to understand how the Aadhar verification can help you.
Is it safe to link Aadhar with IRCTC?
No one can tamper with your Aadhar information once you link it with the IRCTC site, it is safe.