Cash app is used widely in the united states of America and in other countries by a lot of people. Looking at the popularity and easy-to-use service offered by the cash app, now more and more people are interested in using the cash app.
You can use cash app mobile application to send or receive funds to your friends or family members and you can buy anything using cash app card. But sometimes users make mistakes when they accidentally send money to the wrong person or they buy something which they don’t like when delivered,
Well, in all these situations, cash app users want their money back. Chargeback on cash app option helps users to file a chargeback on cash app.
This option enables cash app users to request a refund. Cash app has this feature on the cash app mobile application to make users’ experience better and resolve any issue related to unauthorized transactions.
Also Check:- How to Dispute Money/Transaction on Cash App [Complete Guide]?
Can you charge back on cash app?
The answer is yes. If you have sent money to the wrong person or you don’t like the service offered by the merchant or you noticed any unauthorized transaction from your cash app account in all these situations, you can chargeback through cash app.
The condition is that the transaction must be done using cash app card only then you can file charge back on cash app. If your transaction does not include card transaction, in this situation, you will not be eligible to square cash app chargeback.
How much time does it take to chargeback?
If you have made any wrong transaction or you did not like the product and want to apply for a refund, you can file a chargeback on cash app. There are two ways available to claim your refund. First, you can contact the merchant or the wrong person to whom you send the money if they agree to refund your money then you need not apply chargeback through cash app. But if they do not agree to return your money, you can contact cash app customer support and file a chargeback on cash app.
if you contact cash app customer support and raise a complaint against any forgery, the cash app team will look into the matter and try to find out the issue and if your claim is found genuine you will get your money back within 10 working days.
Although not always customers get their money back so I suggest you stay alert while making any payment. Because there are so many cash app users who did not get any refund from cash app. And in these situations, cash app may block or deactivate your cash app account resulting in you will not have access to your existing account.
How to charge back on cash app?
So finally, you have made any wrong transaction or you are not satisfied with the product you purchased or you are a victim of any fraud and now you want to file chargeback on cash app.
In this section we will discuss how you can chargeback through cash app. Follow the steps given below to claim your money on cash app mobile application.
1. Ask a refund from the merchant/wrong transaction
- First of all, log in to your cash app account
- Click the activity option in the lower right corner of the screen
- Select the suspicious payment for which you want to claim a refund
- Once you open the payment, you will see the refund option.
- Now tap the refund button
- Once you tap the refund option, the person to whom you sent the money by mistake will get the notification to return the money.
- Now it is up to that person whether he/she wants to return your money or not.
Note: if that person does not return your money, you can contact the cash app support service and file a chargeback on cash app.
2. File a chargeback on cash app
- First of all sign in to your cash app account
- Select the profile tab at the top right corner of the screen
- Choose support
- Choose “something else” from the list and proceed
- Provide a brief description of why you want to file a chargeback on the cash app
- Now tap “send” and wait for the response from Cash App support team.
So looking at the situation, we can say that you should be careful while making transactions because once you make any wrong transaction and file a dispute, it does not guarantee that you will get your money back. Better you stay alert while doing any transaction using cash app.