What is GHIC card application?
GHIC (UK Global Healthcare Insurance Card) offers medical and healthcare services to Europeans at a reduced cost and sometimes for free. If your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is renewed, it will remain valid as long as the card takes to expire. When your card expires you will need to apply for the GHIC to replace it.
How to apply for GHIC Card Application?
Here’s what you have to do to apply for the GHIC card.
- Visit the GHIC portal from the NHS website to apply for free.
- Add your name, address, birth date, NHS number (England & Wales), CHI number (Scotland), and the Health and care number (for Northern Ireland).
- Include the GHIC for all members and then submit the form.
- If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you can apply for the GHIC card.
- If your EHIC card has expired.
- A legal resident of the UK can receive public health benefits from the NHS.
- You are not supported by any public health insurance by the EU, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
- Pensioners, frontier workers, UK employees, or UK students in other nations can apply for the card.
Who can apply for GHIC card?
The GHIC card can be used by those individuals who fall under the below categories.
1) EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland citizens who ate living in the United Kingdom before 1st January 2021 with their families.
2) British pensioners who are now living off the coast in different EU regions or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland before 1st January 2021.
3) UK students who began living in Norway, EU, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein before 1st January 2021.
How long does it take to receive GHIC?
It takes 10-12 days to receive the GHIC.
Can I apply for GHIC card Online?
Yes, an applicant can apply for the GHIC card.
Can I get a GHIC card from the post office?
Yes, you can get a GHIC card from the post office.
The GHIC is a helpful scheme that caters to the healthcare needs of many homes. If your EHIC/GHIC has expired, read more about the process here.