What is FSSAI license?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the food inspection organization working on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. They are responsible for running quality checks of food served by different food business operators (FBO). A 14-digit number is assigned to every FBO post quality checks and inspection if found appropriate. The food certificate given by FSSAI is proof of quality for that FBO unit.
How to get FSSAI license?
To get an FSSAI license, one must apply for it in the below format.
|Business Type||FSSAI Registration Requirement|
|Large scaled businesses||Central License|
|Medium-scale food businesses||State License|
|Small scaled food businesses||Simple registration|
- Either fill an online application form FSSAI registration FoSCoS portal or an offline application to the Food and Drug Safety Department.
- You must file two forms- Form A for registration and B for State and Central application license.
- Submit required documents and complete the entire application.
- Within 7 days of applying, you will be intimated of their decision.
How to apply for FSSAI license?
From the FoSCoS website, these are the steps you must follow.
- Once you are inside the FoSCoS portal, you must click on the red tab that indicates the application for the registration certificate.
- Next, add your mobile number or email ID. Add the OTP (one-time-password) and click on the Proceed tab.
- Choose your state and then choose one of the options from the given business types.
- From the options available in green tabs, choose again the specific type of business you are carrying out.
- Click on the tab that reads, click for new registration.
- Add your name, designation, correspondence address, contact details, business address. Add the number of years for which you want to take the license for.
- Food Safety Mitra details, Food items you desire to manufacture, and also add any other relevant details.
- In the next section, upload your photo, identity the card, and describe the document you’re attaching.
- You will have to pay Rs.200 either through Razor Pay or Treasury Challan.
- You will also need to check on their terms and conditions and pay the amount.
How to check FSSAI license number online?
To check for the FSSAI License number online, you must follow four steps as given below.
- Add the four-digit FSSAI License number.
- Press on the check validity option and get the general information option.
- Sign in with your login ID and password.
- Press on the tab that directs you to get your FSSAI license details
How much cost for FSSAI license?
The validity fee for FSSAI licenses is given below.
|2 years||Rs. 2700|
How much fee for FSSAI registration?
The registration fee for three different types of businesses is given below.
|Registration Type||Registration Fee|
|Basic registration for small businesses||Rs.100|
|State License||Rs.2500 to Rs.5000|
How to apply FSSAI certificate in Tamil Nadu online?
Upload documents and sign up in the same way as it is mentioned above.
If you are a small business owner or a medium to large scale food business sector, this information is essential for you.
Read it thoroughly to understand more about it.