Even with the help of autocorrect, people have still sent some error messages. It is natural to face typing errors while texting. But if the mistake conveys an entirely wrong meaning, then what? Well, now iPhones have inserted a feature where one can edit the message even after sending it. Here we have explored how to do so.
How to edit iMessage?
Apple has incorporated some new updates in their iOS version 16. The updates allow you to edit iMessage, something their Rivals have been doing for years. Let’s look into the step-by-step process of how to edit iMessage:
- Unlock the chat threat that contains the sent messages in the Messages app.
- Once you open the message, long press the one you want to edit.
- You will see an Edit option in the pop-up menu.
- Do all the necessary changes you want and click on the blue tick. Otherwise, press the grey X on the left.
Yes, this is how convenient the editing of iMessage is.
Don’t forget these important points:
- Your iPhone must be updated with the latest version.
- You can edit iMessage only for the first 15 minutes once it is sent.
Edit iMessage texts
Before we start, the iMessages can only be edited. That means the text sent from an iPhone device to another iPhone device can only be edited. Also, it does not work with any SMS message. To distinguish between them, the SMS is sent inside a green bubble while the iMessage is sent in a blue bubble.
Here are steps to edit a text in iMessage.
- To edit a message, tap and hold the text with your fingers.
- It will open a new menu box. Select the edit button in the menu box.
- Now, you can edit your text, and once done with the edit, click on the checkmark icon.
However, there is a time restriction. You can only edit the message up to 15 minutes after sending it. Once the timing is passed, the text sent will not be edited, and the edit option will disappear. Also, the revised text will be marked as edited. This means the recipient can see both versions of the text – edited and unedited.
Edit iMessage avatar
iMessage lets the user add avatars to their profile. These are some cool and funky animated faces that users can design themselves. Some people don’t feel comfortable flaunting their pictures on their profiles. Fortunately, the latest version of iOS allows you to select a fun Avatar or Emoji.
Here’s how you can edit iMessage Avatar and keep cool profiles:
- You need to open the iMessage app as he is playing the main hero here.
- Tap the Edit button to ensure necessary editing.
- A menu with several options will pop up. You must tap the ‘Edit name and photo’ option.
- Click on the message for which you want to customise an Avatar. Later, go to ‘choose name and photo.’
- Finally, you can customise your profile picture. You can pick an Avatar, emoji, and even the name’s initials.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen. Click on ‘Use.’
All the people in your contacts list can see your Avatar profile.
Edit iMessage apps
iOS allows you to edit the iMessage app conveniently and include a variety of customisations. With this multi-purpose app, you can enhance the appearance of the conversation by adding a sticker, avatar, and more. Let’s look at some editing features included in the iMessage app:
- Go to the right corner, click on three dots, and tap edit. It will show you the ‘Drag’ option. A message saying ‘add an app to favourites’ will appear. Tap on the ‘+’ icon and add the iMessage in your favourites. Use the ‘-‘ icon to remove it.
- You can click on the ‘Hide the app’ option to turn off the app.
- If you want to make the chatting more interactive, then download the sticker app from Appstore.
- To delete the app, swipe left on the iMessage. Click on delete. Your iMessage app will be deleted.
edit iMessage group name
You can make your conversations more interactive with this new feature that allows you to edit the group name in iMessage. Its editing is straightforward and completed in a few steps. Let’s look at the step-by-step process of the editing group name:
- Go to the iMessage app.
- Now, click on the group you wish to edit.
- People with the latest iOS version must group icons at the top. Otherwise, if you have iPhone V.14, click on the info button.
- The list will pop up. Click on ‘Change Name and Photo.’
- Now, you can enter any group name you want. It even offers you to alter the group photo.
- In the final step, click on ‘Done’ to save changes.
Now, the group name will be changed. You can easily customise it again whenever you wish to.
Edit iMessage bitmoji`
Do you know that you can customise Bitmoji in the iMessage app according to your daily moods?
Create the animated Bitmojis in the iMessage app that also automatically updates in FaceTime. Here’s how you can match the Bitmoji with your personality:
- Is it possible to edit iMessage Bitmoji without iMessage? No, right. So, open the app first.
- Go to the compose button and edit the existing conversation. You can even add a new one.
- Click on the Memoji button. Swipe right on it and tap the ‘+’ option to add a new Memoji.
- Now, the vast fun customisable Memoji features will appear on the screen. Adjust the colour, headwear, facial hair, eyewear, hairstyles, and more.
- Finally, click on ‘Done’, and voila! You have set the Bitmoji that suits your mood.
Edit iMessage photo
iMessage lets you set your profile and the profile picture. For pictures, you will get several options to choose from. You can either have a photo, initials, or an emoji. Now, if you go with the image, here are the steps you can follow to set up your profile.
Go to the iPhone setting; you will find the Message option while scrolling down. Click on it.
Tap on the label Share Name and Photo 🡪 Choose Name and Photo.
Now you have the option to either go with picking a photo from your gallery or take a picture through a selfie.
Once the photo is selected, click on Done, and your image will be set.
Edit iMessage name
iMessage, an interactive chat platform, allows you to provide a name that will appear to the people you chat with. So, your name will appear whenever you chat with new people, which will help them recognise you. Here’s how you can edit iMessage names:
- Go to the iMessage app.
- Click on settings and then select the existing or new messages.
- An option to share your name and photo will pop up. Enter the name and save it.
- iOS even enables you to choose with whom you want to share your name and photo. You can disable it easily by visiting someone’s profile picture and turning off the ‘Name and Photo Sharing’ option.
- For example, if you don’t want to share your funky name with the boss, go to their profile and turn it off.
The feature of editing names in iMessage can be helpful when you want to remain private with people you don’t know much.
Can you edit texts on your iPhone?
Yes, now people can edit their texts on iPhones. However, it is only available in the latest OS, iOS 16. The update is here. Go and update your phone and use this excellent feature. All the processes are discussed above. Once you go through them, you will find it easy to implement changes on your device.
Is it possible to edit a sent text message?
Earlier it was not possible to edit a sent text message. But with the advancement of technology, people can now edit or delete a sent message at their convenience. If you have iOS version 16 or above, you have got the option to edit sent messages too. iPhone is making all such customizations available and accessible to its users.
How do you edit a message on iOS 16?
It has been said among many testers and iPhone users that iOS 16 is one of the neatest updates. One of the fantastic features is that one can edit the sent message in iOS 16. To do editing, hold the text that needs to be edited. After a few seconds, from the options box, select either Undo text or edit. Now you can alter your message.
The latest iOS version 16 also focuses on enhancing the iMessage platform. Various customisations and editing options are quick and fun to implement. So, what new changes are you planning to bring to your iMessage app?