If you frequently do shopping at Edgars but don’t have an account with them then you may be missing out on valuable benefits. This is because edgars account come with many benefits like you can do interest free shopping for upto 55 days and many more benefits like this. So, if you want to know how to open an Edgars account then read this article until the end because From application eligibility and requirements to benefits, contact information, and even an SMS option to open an account, we cover all the essential details.
As you know, different countries have different stores and people have a lot of choices to shop from. In South Africa there are many stores available but people prefer mostly Edgars. But do you know about the Edgars? like who owns Edgars, if not then here is the detailed info about the company.
What is Edgars?
A retail chain in South Africa, the departmental store sells shoes, apparel, home goods, beauty products, cosmetics, and decorative jewelry. They are quite familiar in South Africa and are known for their high-quality products that they obtain at a cheaper price. Edgars sell Nike, Rebook, Puma, and many other branded goods.
They also host coffee shops, play areas, beauty rooms, and also host other amenities and are not just into selling clothing and accessories like good old times.
- RCS owns Edgars and was acquired by them in 2020.
- Slowly all the Edgars account holders are transitioning to their RCS accounts.
- If you have an Edgars account, it is like having a store credit card. You can get your monthly statements and also the due date on which you can clear your bill.
Read more about the way you can apply for an account and also the various eligibilities and requirements.
Who is Eligible?
As you may know, for opening an account, whether online or offline, there are some certain eligibility requirements that must be met to ensure a successful application and avoid rejection. Similarly, for Edgars’ account you should fulfil the following eligibilities.
- Only an individual who is 18 years or above can apply for an Edgars account.
- A South African or a permanent resident cardholder can apply for an Edgar account.
- They need to have earnings of R1,000 or more to have an account with Edgars.
What are the Edgars Account application requirements?
To have an account with Edgars, here is what you will need to submit to them.
- One will need to submit three months bank statement that is stamped by your bank to prove your income.
- Submit a valid South African ID copy to them.
- Residence proofs of the previous three months must be tagged with the application.
How to apply for Edgars account application?
We recommend before applying or starting the Edgars account application make sure you check all the PROS & CONS of them. If you have already checked all the details then here you can follow the below given steps to start the application Process.
Step 1- First of all, you need to visit www.edgars.co.za/edgars-account. For this Copy the given website link and then paste it on your browser.
Step 2- After visiting, Tap On the ‘Apply Now’ button given there in black color.
Step 3- After That, you will be redirected to the new page. where you will be asked for some details.
Step 4- After entering all the required info, Check the “I’m not a robot” box and then tap on Proceed to consent button.
Step 5- After that follow the next steps and fulfil all the asked details to complete the application process. That’s it.
Here are the several benefits of having an Edgars account.
- If you have an Edgars account, you can buy products from their online stores and in-house stores without interest for six months.
- It revolves around repayment plans of 24 & 36 months.
- Interest-free purchases are provisioned for 55 days.
- If you purchase anything, you will subsequently receive SMS notifications.
- Buy anything from Pick ‘n Pay, Checkers, Game, Shoprite, Makro, and Builders.
- They will also help protect your account and that can relax you better.
- Paying and viewing your transaction history is easier with their account.
Also Read: How to Start JumpStart Mr Price Application
Online shopping queries can be sent to [email protected] for your general customer queries with Edgars, and you can also call them at 0860 111 826.
Insurance related queries you need to call 0878 202 024. Email them at [email protected]..
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I Open Edgars account via a SMS?
You cannot open an account with Edgars via SMS nowadays at all. Earlier the facility was available and now it is not.
How to check Edgars account application status?
It will take two to three working days to apply for the Edgars account approval. If your account does not get approved, you can call 011 891 8011 for your application status.
What are the Edgars account fees?
They have a monthly fee of R30. But, the fee applies to those who have an account with them for a minimum of six months at least.
In conclusion, opening an Edgars account is a straightforward process that can provide you with access to a range of benefits and services. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily open the account.
Remember to gather all the required documents, such as identification and proof of address, to ensure a smooth application process. If you face any difficulties, don’t hesitate to reach out to Edgars’ customer support for assistance or you can also comment your queries below.
- Joe Lombardi is a dynamic author known for his out-of-the-box thinking and creative prowess. With a track record of successfully initiating and delivering projects, he thrives in minimal supervision environments. Joe's ability to strategize, write, edit, and proofread is unmatched
- ApplicationAugust 29, 2023Apply Sabooj Sathi Scheme-Registration Last Date (2023)
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Now AI dating app replacing ‘genuine human interaction
- NewsAugust 20, 2023iOS 17 has a killer new camera shortcut for your iPhone- Turn it on
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Threads lost half of its users, according to Meta chief Zuckerberg