If you are a new user of the Venmo app, you may need to learn more about the email address at Venmo. This article is written on the way to change your email on Venmo. The truth is that it is easy and effortless to change your email address on Venmo.
According to a simple rule, you only need to open the Venmo app, go to settings, and update the information here to change the setting, like an email address or phone number. There is no need to browse too much to do this. Simply, Venmo applications are available for you to change your email address.
It is important to have a valid email on your Venmo account because it needs to recover the Venmo account if any issues occur. All the notifications related to solving the problem are sent to your email.
It must be changed if your old email needs to be fixed on Venmo. How to change your email address on Venmo? Read this guide to learn how to change your email address on your Venmo account.
How to change my email id on Venmo?
You can easily change your email id on Venmo through your Venmo app or official website. Here are some simple steps to help you change your email id.
1. Open the Venmo app
2. Then log in to your Venmo account
3. On the top left page, click on the menu button
4. At the top of the menu button, click on your name
5. On the right corner at the top, click on the pencil icon
6. Check for email box
7. Remove the address of your old email and enter the new email address
After following the above steps, you must verify your email address. One mail with the link is received at your email address. Once you open the mail and click on the link inside, your verification process is complete.
This is what you should do to access your new email address. You cannot complete the verification procedure if you sometimes forget your password and cannot log in to your Venmo email.
If you do not get the email by following the above steps, you should check your email’s spam or junk section. Remember that you do not reply to any email Venmo sends because they need to be fixed.
You should complete the verification process after updating the email to ensure that you properly get the payments and other Venmo-related notifications.
On the other hand, if you do not install the Venmo app on your device and want to change your email address through the official Venmo website, you can do it by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open the web browser on your phone. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection to complete the whole process
- Go to the official site of Venmo, www.venmo.com.
- Sign in to your Venmo account by entering your accurate personal information
- A home page appears on your screen. Move toward the top right corner of your screen.
- Next, you have to click on the profile icon
- Go to the box of the email address
- Remove the existing email address and then place the new email address in the given field.
- Save the changes
- Finally, you can change your email address through the official site Venmo online.
How to change your Venmo email without logging in?
If you want to change the existing email address at Venmo without logging in to your account, you have to send the fake email to [email protected] and delete the email from your inbox.
After that, Venmo finds that your email address is wrong or fake, and they automatically delete your current email address on Venmo and allow you to change the email address with the new email.
How to recover my Venmo account with email?
If you do not remember your Venmo account’s password and do not want to compromise security, here are some tips for recovering your Venmo account.
It is easy to change the password of your Venmo account. For this, you must go to the My Profile section in the tab settings and then follow the given steps.
- Tap on the option and forget the password.
- Enter your email address or phone number associated with your Venmo account
- Then you will get the reset link on your email or phone number
- Tap on the link and then set the new password. Ensure to set strong and different passwords to ensure safety. You must set the password minimum of 8 characters.
1. If you do not get the code
After following the above steps of Venmo account recovery, if you do not get the reset link on your email address, you have to wait for some time. Sometimes the delivery of the reset link under the process of recovery of the Venmo account is delayed. You should click on the given option of resending the code and wait for some time.
If still, you still need to get a resent link after so many attempts, then there is another problem. You can check your email’s spam or junk folder; sometimes, this type of email is hidden.
You can also try to get the reset link by signing in to your Venmo account from another device.
2. If your code is not working
The code sent by Venmo to recover your Venmo account does not work if you take a long time to use it. The code is valid only for a limited time. If your code is invalid, it may expire, and you request your Venmo account to send the new code.
How to change the verification email on Venmo?
After logging in, if you want to change your verification email on Venmo, you must tap on the link to verify the email address ownership you want to change. It helps to ensure that the important notification and payments are received to your Venmo account only. To change the verification email on Venmo, you have to go to the setting of your Venmo account and then tap on changing the verified email address.
Once you click on it, you will get the link to your verified email address. After clicking on this link, you can change your verification email on your Venmo and set a new one.
How to add an email address on Venmo?
Some Venmo users add an email address on Venmo to get information and payments to more than one email address.
On the other hand, sometimes users want to add an email address on Venmo because their existing email needs to be fixed or they cannot get the payments from their phone.
As we tell you, if your friend sends the payments to your wrong email address, you can not receive any payments or notifications to your Venmo account. Due to this, you need to add a second email address to your Venmo account.
Keep in mind that you cannot add another email address to your Venmo account through the Venmo app. For this, you have to log in to your online Venmo account through the official site. Here are a few steps you should follow to add the email address to your Venmo.
1. Log in to your online Venmo account through the official site
2. Open the link, https://venmo.com/identity/verify_email_addresses.
3. Write the new email address in the given text field after opening the above link.
4. Enter the code of verification sent to your email on the next field of the page
In this way, you can easily add your email address on Venmo. Now, you can receive payments or related information from your friends on your email.
Venmo email change limit
Two uses of email addresses on Venmo accounts are limited. It means you can easily use your two different email addresses on your Venmo account, as it does not go against the Venmo policy.
Even if you want to change your email address, you can easily change the address of your two emails. Ensure that your phone number is also linked to your Venmo account if you frequently want to change the email address.
If you are a user of Venmo, you should know how to change your email address on Venmo. It is important to check your email because sometimes your friend sends you payment-related details to the wrong email address. To get the information, you have to update your email address with an active one.
Can I change my email on Venmo?
Yes, you can change your email on Venmo. If you want to update your email address, ensure to verify your new email address.
What if Venmo has the wrong email?
If you find that your email address on Venmo is wrong, due to which you cannot receive the payments through your friend, you have to update your email address with a new one.
- Chris Glynn is an experienced writer specializing in content related to Cash App and Venmo. With over 8 years of expertise in the field, his advanced and creative writing skills enable him to provide users with accurate and insightful content.