What is Canada worker lock down benefit application?
The Canadian market is back on the road to economic recovery, and people are slowly coming back to work in various sectors. The Canadian government is, however, proposing the Canada worker lock down benefits for those whose services were interrupted due to the pandemic.
The new benefit promises the below facilities for these workers.
- The workers will get $300 a week, given only to those whose work was interrupted primarily due to the government’s imposed lock down.
- It will be available until 22nd May 2022, and retro-activation on applications starts from 24th October 2021.
- The benefits will be available until 7th May 2021 and will cover the entire lock down period.
- Those workers who cannot avail of the employment insurance (EI), and even those eligible for EI but not paid during this period, can also apply.
Canada worker lock down benefit how to apply
You have to visit their website or call them to learn more about the application process. It is a retro-application process and involves a few steps.
- Login to your account and then fill out and submit Schedule 6 through your tax site.
- Add your essential details, financial and occupational details.
- Add your reason for application and attach proof to substantiate your claim.
- Provide evidence that you are vaccinated and have not been fired from your job.
- Submit the application and wait for the approval to arrive your way.
What are CWLB Application Requirements?
These are some of the requirements that need to be met in the process.
- One must have proof of their residential address. You must either be a resident of Canada or a citizen.
- They must have been on job when the lock downs were announced.
- Only one person from a family structure can claim the sum.
- You must be able to show you were employed when the lock downs got announced in Canada.
Canada worker lock down benefit eligibility?
- The CWLB applications can only be filled by fully vaccinated people.
- You must have not been fired from your job and need to show proof for it.
How to Check Canada Worker Lock down Benefits Application Status?
Login to the website account, and click on the application status to view the position of your CWLB application.
How to qualify for Canada workers benefit?
To qualify for Canadian workers benefit, the government needs proof that your job was curtailed due to the government initiating a lock down.
Canada workers benefit phone number?
You can contact toll-free number 1-800-959-8281.
Canada worker lock down benefit CRA?
Every week the workers will be paid $300, and their monthly earning will be $1200 for that particular month. This process will immensely help households run their fire.
If you are a Canadian citizen or resident, try to check if you can apply for these benefits. Government aids can help your dire needs and daily rationing facilities. Read this blog article to know more about the CWLB scheme placed forward by Justin Trudeau’s government.