The Bank of Philippine Island (BPI) is graded to be the first bank in South East Asia for its innovation, prudent customer service, building client trust, and financial strength. The bank is in business since 1851 and has played an essential role in the life of every Filipino.
The BPI also offers credit cards and users need to apply for them through online or offline modes.
How to Apply for a BPI credit card Application?
If you are an existing customer, your BPI credit card application will differ when compared to a person who does not bank with BPI.
- The first step will be to visit the website (https://www.bpi.com.ph/cards/pq/landing)
- Choose if you are an existing customer by clicking on the Yes tab and then you must press the Apply button.
- In the next step, you will have to add the birth date, mobile number, and email ID, and then you must also confirm the email address.
- Confirm you are not a robot by completing the captcha and checking the bank’s data privacy statement.
- Once done click on the continue option and then complete the application process.
For customers who do not bank with BPI, the process of application will follow the below path.
- In this step, choose that you are not an existing customer with BPI by selecting the “No” option followed by the Apply button.
- The filling up of the application form takes 5-10 minutes once your documents are kept handy.
- Check the kind of credit card you want from the options given like BPI Blue, Edge, Gold, Petron, Amore, Amore Platinum, Visa Signature, and Family Savings Credit card.
- Once you choose the card type, click on the continue tab. On the next screen check if you would like to go with a free MasterCard for making secure online payments.
- Click on the Continue tab to reach the next page where you must fill in your mobile number, and email address, complete the Captcha and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Continue tab and keep on filling in information to complete the application form.
Also Check:- How to Pay BPI Credit Card Online?
What are the Application Requirements?
Several requirements must be fulfilled as part of the BPI credit card application.
- Applicant must be 21 years old Philippine resident or citizen, earning a minimum of ₱180,000 annually. They must have a business/residence contact number, a home or business address, and other below-mentioned documents.
- Employed residents must show a government-issued ID, latest BIR form 2316, and employment certificate (COE) with payslips from the current month.
- Self-employed residents must submit the first two document types apart from a bank stamp or the latest IT (income tax) returns with BIR or bank stamp.
- Foreign residents must submit passport copies, alien registration certificates, work permits, and papers of the embassy accreditation.
How to know if your BPI credit card application is approved?
To check if your credit card is approved, you must wait for 14 days before inquiring. But, if you do not receive any intimation regarding your card, you can use the below two methods to inquire about your BPI credit card.
How to Check BPI credit card application status?
There are two options right now for finding out the credit card application status once the two-week waiting period is over.
- Call them, and follow the prompts to reach a customer care executive to know the status of your application.
- The second way is to visit the website and then move through the below procedure.
- Press the other services option.
- Search for the option that asks you to inquire about the credit card status.
How to waive the annual fee for a BPI credit card?
Exclusive BPI cardholders can apply for another credit card to receive an annual fee waiver. The offer is open until 20th November 2021, and qualified customers will be given another credit card. The new card will enjoy the annual fee waiver benefit for that year. For consecutive years, 50% of the annual fee will be waived off for both the original and the new card.
You can either call 79051000, or SMS to 09190685681 with BPI <space> the last ten digits of your customer ID.
Here’s a bit about the BPI credit card application details. Read this article before filing your application to prevent understanding gaps.