Last updated on May 14th, 2021 at 01:49 pm
Mukesh Ambani is the biggest businessman of India in 2020. He is the chairman and the Managing Director of Reliance Industries Pvt. Ltd and owner of the Jio 4G telecom company.
He is the richest person in India and also ranks in the list of the top richest persons in the world 2020.
Checkout, “Mukesh Ambani Biography, Success story, his Lifestyle and Net worth”.
I have discussed each and every detail about him.
Mukesh Ambani Biography/Wiki
- Real Name:- Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani
- Profession:- Businessman
- Date of Birth:- 19th of April, 1957
- Age in 2020:- 63 years( In 2020)
- Place of birth:- Aden (Now Yemen)
- Hometown:- Mumbai, India
- Height:- 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight:- 91kg
- Schooling:- Hill Grange High School, Mumbai, India
- College:- Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai, India
- University:- Stanford University California, USA
- Educational Qualifications:- BE degree in Chemical Engineering and MBA from Stanford University
- Religion:- Hinduism
- Marriage date:- 8 March 1985
- Affair:- Nita Ambani
- Father:- Dhirubhai Ambani
- Mother:– Kokilaben Ambani
- Brother:- Anil Ambani
- Sisters:- Nina Kothari and Deepti Salgonkar
- Wife:- Nita Ambani
- Son’s Name:- Anant Ambani and Akash Ambani
- Daughter’s Name:- Isha Ambani
Mukesh’s Hobbies and Favourite Things
- Mukesh’s favorite food is idli sambhar and dosa (a south Indian food).
- He loves eating roasted groundnuts.
- His favorite restaurant is Mysore cafe which is in Mumbai.
- His favorite car is Maybach. He loves traveling by his Maybach car which is one of the most expensive and stylish cars.
- Mukesh loves white color.
- His favorite businessman is Dhirubhai Ambani and Anand Mahindra.
- He loves to watch the movies of Amir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and Shahrukh Khan.
- He loves reading books, listening to old songs, doing swimming and hanging out with friends. During free time he loves to go for long walks.
Net worth:- $41.3 Billion More about Net worth
House:- 27 story house Antilia worth $1 Billion
The beginning of Great success
- After joining his family business, Mukesh Ambani played a vital role in growing Reliance Industries. Under his Leadership, Reliance industries have grown up in many different sectors like Petroleum refining, petrochemicals, and gas exploration.
- After sometime in the year 2002, he settled up Reliance Infocomm Limited (Now famous as Reliance Communications Limited) which was mainly focused on communication technology.
- After the death of Dhirubhai Ambani in 2005, the reliance company was divided between two brothers Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani because of some kind of rift between them.
- In 2006, he started up the supermarket, Reliance fresh, which grew up to more than 700 stores across India by the year 2014.
- In the year 2010, Mukesh Ambani set up the world’s largest grassroots Petroleum Refinery in Jamnagar, India, which had the capacity to produce 33 million tonnes of barrels per year.
- On December 2013, At Punjab Summit in Mohali, Ambani announced the possibility of settling up the 4G network in India in collaboration with Bharti Airtel.
- In the year 2014 during the AGM of Reliance Infocomm, Ambani announced that in the next 3 years with an investment of more than 70,000 crores in India he will launch 4G broadband services in India.
Mukesh Ambani met with Nita because of his father Dhirubhai Ambani. Dhirubhai Ambani has seen Nita for the first time in one of the stage performances of Nita. Nita was doing Bharatnatyam dance at the stage. Dhirubhai Ambani got impressed by her. That was the day he decided to make Nita as his daughter in law.
Then they both started dating each other and fell in love and then they got married on the 8th of March in 1985.
Some lesser known facts
- Anand Jain, Adi Godrej, and Anand Mahindra who are the top businessmen of India were his schoolmates and also his best friends.
- Mukesh Ambani established the world’s largest refinery on the 14th of July at Jamnagar in Gujarat.
- He loves to wear a white shirt and dark trousers with a tie-on most of the occasions.
- Mukesh’s favorite car is Maybach.
- He has a collection of private Jet Planes and has gifted Airbus to his wife on her 44th Birthday.
How rich is Mukesh Ambani in the world?
He is the 8th richest person in the world and his net worth is $83 billion in 2021.
Which companies are owned by Mukesh Ambani?
There are total 7 companies owned by Reliance Industries.
This is all about Mukesh Ambani Wiki. I hope you loved this article.
Don’t forget to comment and share it.