What is bhata online application?
The West Bengal government has made a provision to give monthly pensions to the elderly people of West Bengal by launching the West Bengal Bardhokha Bhata/ Old Age Pension Scheme 2021. This Old Age Pension Scheme was originally launched in 2010.
The Mamta Bannerjee led government has offered to provide pensions to all senior citizens of West Bengal irrespective of caste under the old-age social welfare pension scheme. This scheme is part of the Social Welfare Pension which is offered by the West Bengal Government’s Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare.
With this scheme, the state government provides financial support to old people in the form of a monthly pension. Beneficiaries can get a monthly pension of Rs. 1000 from the West Bengal Government.
Bhata Application-Who is Eligible?
The eligibility for the Old Age Social Welfare Pension Scheme is determined on the basis of the following:
- The people who want to enroll themselves under this scheme must fall in the category of the senior citizen. Their age must be above 60 years and 55 years in case of a physically or mentally challenged person.
- Such people should be devoid of any related people who can take care of them.
- The monthly income of the people applying must not be more than Rs. 1,000 per month.
- The person must not be receiving benefits under any other government scheme.
- The eligible people should be a resident of the state of West Bengal for more than 10 years.
How to get bhata online application registration form?
The WB Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension Scheme application form can be obtained by clicking the link here or by visiting the https://wbswpension.gov.in/. Other than this, the form can also be obtained at the below-mentioned places:
- If the applicant is from rural areas, then the form can be obtained from the Office of the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the relevant Panchayat Samity.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer if the senior citizen is in Municipal/Notified areas outside Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- Office of the Controller of Vacancy, West Bengal if the applicant resides within the areas covered by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
How to apply for bhata online application?
The elderly person has to fill the application form and then submit it to the following offices along with the supporting documents.
- The Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the Panchayat Samiti and the Sub-Divisional Officer will submit the application to the District Magistrate of the concerned district.
- The Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal will submit the application to the Controller Vagrancy, West Bengal.
How to do bhata online application status check?
The status can be checked online from the website https://wbswpension.gov.in/
The documents required to apply for the Old Age Pension Scheme are:
- Self-attested copy of the Aadhar Card
- Copy of the Voter ID Card
- A copy of the Ration Card
- A copy of the Income Certificate
- One copy of the Bank Passbook
- Nominee form
Senior citizens of West Bengal can get a monthly pension of Rs. 1000 under this scheme from the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare of the Government of West Bengal.
I am Raj Singh and I am the author of handlewife website. I am a blogger and also a digital marketer. Contact me through the contact us page.