The NC Housing Opportunity and Prevention of Evictions, popularly known as HOPE, was introduced by the government to help people overcome the hardship of the COVID-19 crisis. The HOPE program homeless is made available for over 88 counties to date.
The purpose of the HOPE program housing is to provide rent or certain assistance to the people who are on the lower side of income because of COVID-19 situations. Without any further ado, let us know about the application process of the HOPE program.
How to HOPE Program Apply Online?
The goal of the HOPE program homeless is to be a helping hand for the people who have lost their jobs during the pandemics. So the application process of this program is not that complicated. You can simply follow the steps given below and easily apply for the HOPE program.
Step 1: go on the official website of the HOPE program, we have mentioned the link so you can click here
Step 2: In the top right corner you can see the HOPE program tab, click on it
Step 3: As you will click on the HOPE program tab, a dialogue box will appear. If you already have an account then sign in but if you don’t have your account then sign in using your email ID and password.
Step 4: Enter your personal information like your name, contact number, address, bank details, and whatever information they have asked for in the form.
Step 5: You will need the appropriate proof for the information that you have filled in. For that purpose, you will need all the necessary documents.
Five important requirements that are needed for the application of the HOPE program housing are mentioned below:
- You need the summary form that should be signed by the landlord
- The lease of your former apartment is needed. The lease must have details about your rent, your name on it, and also the signature of the landlord.
- Information about your landlord is needed. (name, email, contact number)
- Original Bills and a photocopy is needed. It can be water bills, electricity bills, or natural gas bills.
- One more time you have to fill in your personal information like your first name, last name, and middle name.
The HOPE program is for those people who are actually in need. To show that you are actually the one in need of the HOPE program there are some eligibility criteria, and they are
- Your age must be 18 years or above
- You must have proof for your residential history
- You must have original documents that are signed by the government authorities to prove your financial and residential history.
- Furthermore, you have already faced a crisis and are in need of this program.
The HOPE program lasts for 12 months. Once you have completed that phase once, you can again reapply for the form using the same steps.
Two crucial eligibility criteria for reapplying are the HOPE program housing:
- You have applied for the program last year and your situation hasn’t improved significantly.
- Individuals or families have not improved their financial conditions yet, and are still below the poverty line.
Applying for the HOPE program is not that complicated. Even if you find any difficulties, then mention them in the comments section, and we will come up with satisfactory solutions.