All You Need To Know About The TBRA Program
Do you earn a meager income even after working 12-hours a day without fail for six days a week? Is your income so low that you can’t even run the household expenses, let alone saving money? If you belong to such a financially marginalized section of the society, then TBRA might shoulder the burden of one of your problems- house rent.
This article is all about TBRA and how you can apply for it and other important stuff.
What Is TBRA Program Application?
TBRA, also known as tenant-based rental assistance, helps individuals with low income in paying their housing rent. TBRA is a program that comes under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This assistance enables low-income individuals to afford the housing rent at a price below the market price.
How To Apply For Tenant-Based Rental Assistance?
Below is the step-by-step procedure to help you get through the application procedure for TBRA:
Fill up the application form correctly
Just like any other government scheme, you have to fill the form of TBRA to apply for it. You can apply online as well as offline. Remember that most of the places accept on a first-come, first-serve basis. So, be quick to apply as soon as the application window opens.
Keep the necessary documentation ready
This kind of assistance program requires documents like the applicants’ income and their past due rent. It acts as proof that the applicant needs TBRA.
Wait for getting your application selected
Applications are selected based on the income levels of the applying individual. If your income is very low and you live in a rented space, then your chances of getting selected increase.
What Are TBRA Program Application Requirements?
The requirements needed to be fulfilled by the beneficiaries of TBRA programs are as follows:
- Your income should be less than or equal to 60% of the area’s median income.
- The rental subsidies should exceed 12 months.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For TBRA Program Application?
Below are the factors that determine if you are eligible for the TBRA program or not:
- You live and are employed in the city or county where you have applied for TBRA
It is the primary criteria. You should be presently living in that city where you have applied for TBRA.
- You must be a part of a particular class of populations
It depends on which county or city you live in. Take an example of Harford County, Maryland. You must be among one of the following:
- Permanently disabled
- Victim of domestic violence
- Single adult
- Single head of the household
- You must be earning a meager income and living in a rented household.
What Are The TBA Program Benefits?
Below are the benefits received by the beneficiaries of the TBRA program:
- They help individual households rather than helping the tenants of a particular project.
- The beneficiary can rent any property without worrying about the TBRA assistance. TBRA will help them pay the rent to any rental unit.
- The rate of TBRA subsidy depends upon the income level of the individual. It decides how short the individual falls in paying rent.
How To Check TBRA Program Application Status?
Now, the most important thing is to check the status of your application- to know if you have been selected or not.
Due to the ease of doing everything online, you can check your application status online:
- Go to the official site of the county to which you have applied for TBRA.
- Enter your credentials and check your application status.